Give us your feedback...

Take away the new feature that forces you to answer a survey before you can read an article! You will not get genuine answers either.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    An Adweek ReaderAn Adweek Reader shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Absolutely agree -- I just unsubscribed!

• SPSP commented  · 

I will no longer read any articles on Adweek as long as the survey/sharing wall is up. Why would I share a page that I haven't even had the chance to read yet? And I prefer not to answer any questions that will eventually become a behaviorally targeted ad.

• Jeffrey RudolfAdminJeffrey Rudolf (Director of Product Development, Adweek ) commented  · 

Hi Missy,

Thanks for your feedback it definitely helps as we trial a new product such as this.

We are working with Google in refining the share feature - it occasionally shows instead of the questions, which is what you have been experiencing - however, it still needs further adjusting.

The program in general is something we are trying as an alternative to putting up a hard paywall to access our content. http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/adweek-google-partner-publishing-revenue-model-139265

Best,
        Jeff

• MissyMissy commented  · 

I haven't been able to read a story all week because it keeps forcing me to share the story, even about my own client work. This is absurd and a very clear demonstration that Adweek has no idea how to interface properly with consumers. Makes me question their credibility as a whole in their critiques of any other advertisers, since their tactics are apparently total alienation.

• Jeffrey RudolfAdminJeffrey Rudolf (Director of Product Development, Adweek ) commented  · 

Thanks for your feedback, it helps as we trial this new product.

The sharing as opposed to answering a question occasionally cycles through the system as an option. We are working on tweaking this further.

I am sorry you find the surveys invasive but your responses to the questions remain anonymous.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The surveys are inane and invasive. But as I commented above, today I was confronted with the option of sharing the article or not reading it. This is even worse, as I don't even belong to the social networks with which I'm supposed to share the article - so I have no option whatever. I would rather have the 30 second pre-roll. The reason? It's not asking for information from me, which I have no desire to share with you or your sponsors.

• Nicholas EckhartNicholas Eckhart commented  · 

sorry to hear that your disappointed with the new mircosurveys we're testing with Google. We don't want to create a bad user experience for our readers.

Essentially we're experimenting with new methods to monetize our editorial content. One alternative is to put our content behind a traditional paywall and we'd really like to avoid that.

Keep in mind that you'll only see one of these questions on your second article view and it's capped at once per day.

It only takes about 5 second to answer so if you compare that to a 30 second pre-roll for a video we think it's a much better alternative.

We're just trying new ways to continue to produce high quality content and keep it free to our readers.

That said, we're testing this and your feedback is really valuable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base